I'm so very good at planning 6 impossible things before breakfast that resolutions are a pretty much constant element of life for me...Lent, Advent, birthdays, retreats....you name it, if there's a possibility of a new start, I'll be on the verge of making it.
So of course I can't resist at least trying again on this 1st day of January 2009...
- to see more of my friends. You are some of the dearest and most heart-warming people on the planet and I'm so blessed to know you - so I intend to celebrate your presence in my life by actually spending time with you
- to leave my study each evening in such a state that I don't feel faintly sick when entering the following morning (this might also save me time as there should be fewer unexpected losses of keys, diocesan forms and the like)
- to read a bit of a real book (the sort I wouldn't be ashamed to blog about!!!!) every day. You know, I did keep on reading right through last year, and must have cleared well over 150 books, but too many of them were in the happy trash category, and though I need to read those too, I did once upon a time have a brain and I tend to be an all round happier person if I use it. Maybe I'll revisit the book challenge this year to keep myself on track - what do you think?
- to take the dogs for a decent walk each and every day (essential with Libby in my life,- and much easier as a result)
- to either change those things that need changing in my life, or stop whingeing about them.