Thursday, June 18, 2009

Death & Hope

The service on Tuesday had two visual centre-pieces, one a globe surrounded by "Children for a Change" candles, which were sent with each school at the end of the service, and the other a beautifully bare silver tree, on which every Year 6 class hung a prayer dove.
I didn't get to read any of the prayers, but I'm not likely to forget that powerful image, - expressions of hope and of peace set in front of the memorial tablets of long ago.

I would love to be there at the end of the week, when the tree will be completely covered with these visual expressions of children's dreams, a solid embodiment of the song written specially for this service.

Lead me on as I travel on my journey
Lead me on wherever I go
Give me courage and hope for the future
Be with me as I grow, grow, grow

No comments: