Sunday, January 09, 2005

Blessed are the Cheese-makers

or, to rephrase this in terms which I learned after this morning's Eucharist
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be shouted at by both parties in any argument".
I know I've only been here for 6 months, but I'm wondering if I ought to start compiling a list of attributes to avoid at all costs when looking at parishes in the future. Possible contenders include
  • no organist
  • no bell ringers
  • no open churchyard
  • no possible architectural or historic merit.
I'm very willing to consider other suggestions....so do please let me know

6 comments:

Dave again said...

No people. It's them what causes all the problems.

Caroline said...

no established Church of England?
oh sorry, am I missing the point?

xC

Humble Secretary said...

I agree with Dave and Caroline and would also say "no eucharist" because then no-one could shout after it.

And I would then seek to beautify the gin-makers.

Kathryn said...

Surely gin-makers need no further beatification or indeed beautifying?

Humble Secretary said...

Oh Lawd - did I get that wrong. Mea Culpa, methinks I was under the influence at the time and was seriously in love with all makes of gin.

Suggest you substitute gin for the wine in the eucharist. But don't tell anyone you are doing this.

1 i z said...

Sounds like tou need to borrow a copy of Sarah's CD: "No Organist No Problem".

Or as she sometimes refers to it: "No Organist - no major fraud investigation by the Inland Revenue".

That's the good bit about CDs, they don't have earnings that they need to declare...