Sunday, January 09, 2005

Blessed are the Cheese-makers

or, to rephrase this in terms which I learned after this morning's Eucharist
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be shouted at by both parties in any argument".
I know I've only been here for 6 months, but I'm wondering if I ought to start compiling a list of attributes to avoid at all costs when looking at parishes in the future. Possible contenders include
  • no organist
  • no bell ringers
  • no open churchyard
  • no possible architectural or historic merit.
I'm very willing to consider other suggestions....so do please let me know

4 comments:

Dave said...

No people. It's them what causes all the problems.

Caroline said...

no established Church of England?
oh sorry, am I missing the point?

xC

Kathryn said...

Surely gin-makers need no further beatification or indeed beautifying?

1 i z said...

Sounds like tou need to borrow a copy of Sarah's CD: "No Organist No Problem".

Or as she sometimes refers to it: "No Organist - no major fraud investigation by the Inland Revenue".

That's the good bit about CDs, they don't have earnings that they need to declare...