Saturday, August 01, 2009

Here I stand (with further thanks to Henri Nouwen)

So often the email from the Henri Nouwen Society says exactly what I need to hear, just when I most need to hear it...This is no exception.

Lifted Up with Jesus


The death and resurrection of Jesus are God's way to open for all people the door to eternal life. Jesus said: "When I am lifted up from the earth, I shall draw all people to myself" (John 12:32). Indeed, all people, from all times and places, are lifted up with Jesus on the cross and into the new life of the resurrection. Thus, Jesus' death is a death for all humanity, and Jesus' resurrection is a resurrection for all humanity.

Not one person from the past, present, or future is excluded from the great passage of Jesus from slavery to freedom, from the land of captivity to the promised land, from death to eternal life

And let the people say "Amen"!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Amen, sister! :-)