Sunday, September 25, 2005

A weekend of reunions, as I went to see some of my college friends ordained Priest in Hereford Cathedral, and then today was part of my soul friend Nicky's priesting in Ledbury, a seriously pretty place. Lovely service and amazing to find myself able to be among those laying hands on her...She'll be a great priest, I know.



En route to the church I walked up this cobbled alley, where something shiney caught my eye, glittering among the ancient stones.Clearly there had been a wedding recently, as nestling in the cracks between the grey cobbles were hundreds of tiny golden hearts. They transformed the whole alleyway, suggesting treasure in unexpected places. I pray that Nicky and those ordained beside her will shine like that for God wherever they are.

Off tomorrow morning for our Diocesan Conference "Passion for God's People", at the Hayes Conference Centre at Swanwick. Now it's here, I'm really looking forward to this. Some promising speakers, including Steven Croft, Sr Francis Dominca (whom I couldn't get close enough to hear at Greenbelt) and Tim Sledge (who came to Easter School while I was training, and was utterly fab). I don't run to a lap top yet (one day...) so no blogging till I return, and even then I may be a tad preoccupied with the excitements of next weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time. Glad it was such a good weekend. Ledbury is lovely isn't it. As for the hearts, OP/EN last night has left our church dotted with tiny gold stars..... originally scattered on a blue cloth with (inevitably) tea lights and candles to represent the 4th day of creation - oh yes, and some glass pebbles of whose theology I'm unsure but which looked pretty......

PS the security code for this comment - oshwtajt - must mean something significant in Inuit, surely?

sally said...

Oh dear, not Swanwick!! Has it improved at all or do they still snatch the cereal away at exactly one second past nine??? And are they still using the little cells with no en suite and evry little else? Kind of back to basics.....