Friday, January 04, 2008

It's Friday night

but for this week only, my sermon procrastination techniques have to be applied a full 24 hours early, as tomorrow we've guests here, so sitting late over a hot computer is simply not an option...
On that basis, and because I cannot martial my thoughts on the Epiphany despite all sorts of splendid help from some truly amazing friends, it's time to play the 0h-so-topical Friday Five

Sally says
Well it had to be didn't it, love them or hate them I bet you've been asked about New Year resolutions. So with no more fuss here is this weeks Friday Five;


1. Do you make New Year resolutions?
Kind of. Actually, I make resolutions at the drop of a hat. New Year. Ash Wednesday. My birthday. Coming home from a retreat. New school year in September...I'm always on the lookout for new beginnings, and intent on indulging in some sort of self improvement in their honour. That's the theory at least

2. Is this something you take seriously, or is it a bit of fun?
Not so seriously that I get bogged down when I trip over my own feet and have to abandon the quest - though I'm serious in longing to make some of the changes those "resolutions" represent.

3. Share one goal for 2008.
Simple and obvious. To settle happily into my new parishes and begin building worthwhile relationships with the people there as we explore ministry together.
fwiw, other goals/resolutions below

4. Money is no barrier, share one wild/ impossible dream for 2008
Return to India with my children and deliver the money St M's raised to rebuild Dharma's church to him in person.

5. Someone wants to publish a story of your year in 2008, what will the title of that book be?
"More Tea Vicar, or What Kathryn did next"

2 comments:

Sue said...

Great play Kathryn!

maggi said...

yup, new beginnings, resolutions... sure sounds like a sermon to me. go on. there it is