Friday, January 06, 2006

Well now, there's a thing...


You scored as Chalcedon compliant. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant


100%

Pelagianism


58%

Modalism


58%

Nestorianism


58%

Apollanarian


58%

Monophysitism


33%

Gnosticism


25%

Monarchianism


17%

Adoptionist


17%

Arianism


8%

Donatism


0%

Socinianism


0%

Albigensianism


0%

Docetism


0%


Take the test here

Thanks (I think) to John for this reassuring news..
though having done the express ordination course,
I have to say that I'm pitifully ignorant of some of
the minor heretical traits I apparently possess.
Not surprised at the Pelagianism, - detected whiffs
of that before,- but some of the others. Hmmnnn.
Should I abandon all attempts to produce a sermon
for Sunday and resign my Orders immediately?
or just carry on believing that God is a whole lot
bigger than even the interminable councils of the
Church? The second option is, on the whole, the
more attractive,- even though it does entail another
close encounter with the pulpit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New year Kathryn.

I was 100% Chalcedon compliant, yet I was also quite a bit of other things as well - but perhaps that's the problem with good heresies, they are nearly true ;-)

Steph Youstra said...

Off-topic, but .... I couldn't find an e-mail anywhere to add you to the Bible Blog -- could you send it? Glad to have you join us!

Bad Alice said...

I really wanted to find out if I'm a heretic, but the link doesn't take me to the quiz, but to the Quizfarm homepage, and the search engine knows nothing of heresies.

Kathryn said...

That's weird, Alice...it was the link that came with the results, but I quite agree it doesn't work. So, I've tried another way and I think I've fixed it, though it may have made the text of my results unreadable, as they seemed to be spilling into the side bar a moment ago. Wish I could do this techie stuff :-(
Still, you should now be able to assess your heresies!

Bad Alice said...

Thanks, Kathryn. I was relieved to find that I am also 100% Chalcedon compliant, although I have no idea what that means. I had quite a bit of Pelagianism. I think I need to go do some reading.

Gord said...

I "passed" as well..if that really matters. But I do find in reading the list of isms that there are many I am no longer able to define.

I agree with your second option as well--God is definitely bigger and more beyond description than the Church (ancient or modern) is willing to admit.