Friday, February 06, 2009

Favourite things - a delightful Friday Five

My beloved Songbird posted thus
In a week of wondering how various things in our family life will unfold, I found myself thinking of the way Maria comforted the Von Trapp children in one of my favorite movies. Frightened by a thunder storm, the children descend upon her, and she sings to them about her favorite things, taking their minds off the storm.

So, let's encourage ourselves. Share with us five of your favorite things. Use words or pictures, whatever expresses it best.

1. Snow days - spent with someone I love, human or animal...ideally both

2. Floppy ears on golden retrievers




3. Walking by the sea


4. Singing - preferably choral, ideally pre 1850 (today was made almost perfect for me by the decision to listen to the Gibbons Short Service and the inevitable reaction of singing along)


5. Chocolate - Fair Trade if possible...maybe Maya Gold or Chocolate Ginger?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Libby!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh! All five evoke amens from me!

Erin said...

mmmmmmmmm maya gold mmmmmmmmm

Annie's Mom said...

I love the reference to beautiful floppy dog ears. That is just delightful.

Crimson Rambler said...

dog ears AND chocolate? wow. Oh,and definitely chocolate ginger (doesn't maya gold sound more like something one might, well, um, smoke?)
NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING NECESSARILY WRONG....

my word verification is "canducke" and perhaps I'd better!