Monday, May 04, 2009

Evidence...

of what I did on the Bank Holiday. Please note expanses of floor even quite close to the desk.
And behold, here is the desk itself, which is clearly made of wood...and look, there's my phone...I don't have to ring myself up to find it at the moment....And, unimaginable though it may seem,
there are flat surfaces all over the study which don't currently house trembling heaps of scary papers.
If a bereaved family appear tomorrow (which seems highly likely, given the run of funerals later this week) there's even a chance that they could (tell it not in Gath) Sit on the Sofa


So, though it may not qualify as a Grand Day Out, I'm immoderately delighted with the fruits of the Bank Holiday Monday here in the vicarage. That buzzing isn't a fault with your computer, it's the sound of the vicar's purr....

6 comments:

Annie's Mom said...

Well done!! It looks wonderful!

Jonathan Hunt said...

Oh, the rebuke to my wasted day that I so feared has finally arrived. Great work. Perhaps the kick up the posterior that I needed.

mid-life rookie said...

You inspire me. I've done some of this type work at office office today, and need to do more. Home office is in bad bad shape - perhaps I can make progress this evening - since I'm on a roll now.

Unknown said...

Good for you!!!

Song in my Heart said...

Well done! I have given up on getting my room (which houses all my belongings save what I keep in my locker at Academic Institution and one cupboard's worth of kitchen stuff) properly tidy before I move this summer. But this picture of an orderly and welcoming working space is certainly something for me to bear in mind and work toward when I finally have a studio to set up.

liz crumlish said...

Well done Kathryn - that's how I too spent the bank holiday. And I even managed to have a meeting in the study last night. doesn't it feel good - even though we know it is very temporary!