Friday, May 15, 2009

Just because

you can never hear too much Tallis.
And because I know several people who are currently engaged in all sorts of waiting for decisions over which they have no control.
And because I long to make things easier for them, but recognise that I can't.
And because waiting in hope is one of the hardest things to do, however often the Iona liturgy invites us to say
"Thank you ....for the waiting time"





Oh, and because I know at least one person out there who will immediately think of garlic, here's the translation...which might actually help, if only a little.

I have never put my hope in any other but in you,
O God of Israel
who can show both anger
and graciousness,
and who absolves all the sins of suffering man
Lord God,
Creator of Heaven and Earth
be mindful of our lowliness

3 comments:

Ostrich said...

You are so right. Exquisite.

Jan said...

Beautiful. Thank you.

Song in my Heart said...

Thank you for this. It's a world a way from the Tippett that was stuck in my head from rehearsal this morning, and just what I needed.