Saturday, February 04, 2006

Since I can't write my sermon

I thought I'd read Bono's. And inspiring stuff it is too. Please do go read.

A number of years ago, I met a wise man who changed my life. In countless ways, large and small, I was always seeking the Lord's blessing. I was saying, you know, I have a new song, look after it…. I have a family, please look after them…. I have this crazy idea...
And this wise man said: stop.
He said, stop asking God to bless what you're doing.
Get involved in what God is doing - because it's already blessed.
Well, God, as I said, is with the poor. That, I believe, is what God is doing.
And that is what he's calling us to do.

This vision, of finding out what God is doing and then joining in is cropping up in all directions right now. It's a crucial feature of fresh expressions of course, and it made me happy to imagine that invitation issued at the US Prayer Breakfast too.
Just think what might happen if it were accepted.

Meanwhile, Bono's words have attracted alot of attention in the blogosphere...
Let's pray they has the same sort of impact on the world's politicians.

No comments: