Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Just what I needed

I came home today from a lovely but demanding funeral, feeling not unlike a piece of chewed string...but was instantly revived when I found a wonderful arrangement of tulips on my doorstep, a gift from one of the signs of hope I mentioned last week.
Normally I'd put them in the sitting room for everyone to enjoy, but such is the dilapidation of the study I think I'm justified in having them on my desk. They are certainly very effective in cheering me onwards...and I've cleared another couple of items off the list today, deo gracias.
Hearty thanks to the donor :-)

2 comments:

Crimson Rambler said...

oh how truly truly lovely. One of my mentors taught us that we are supposed to WALLOW in these delights and "get fat on them" and then we're better padded against the next round of Anfechtungen...

more cows than people said...

oh, how fabulous... i'm so glad you got these.