Tuesday, December 08, 2015

#AdventWord 10:Surprise

It looked like a perfectly ordinary envelope as it rested in my pigeon hole at work.
I don't tend to get very excited about work post on the whole.
Often it's mailings from groups whom my predecessor supported.
Those make me feel slightly guilty.
Sometimes it's long long missives written on A4 lined filed paper in green ink.
Those tend to make me want to cry.
Usually, it's simply rather dull and innocuous.

But not this.
This was a complete surprise.
A card that makes me smile every single time I look at it
A card from lovely friends who have said some mega-encouraging things.
A card that even included an ELEPHANT.

What a wonderful surprise - a smile in an envelope to light up even the gloomiest winter day.



My friends are awesome - and that is no surprise at all. I hope they won't be surprised to know how much difference they make to my life here.

#AdventWord

No comments: