Monday, June 12, 2023

Here I am again

 Once upon a time, this blog was an ever-present help in times of curacy! The place where I could tell stories , suitably anonymised, do athe much-needed external processing without completely overwhelming my beloved, introverted T.I. and generally focus on what God seemed to be up to, in the parish and in me.

I loved it, and the many friends I made along the way,  with several of whom I am still deeply connected

With incumbency, though there was more to process, there were fewer stories that were honestly mine to tell, and the blog became mostly a repository for sermons and any other odd bits of writing.  Latterly,  despite the wonderful experiences of Cathedral ministry it hasn't even been that! I've added pictures and brief catch ups on twitter, made new connections there, and have realised that the dust gathering here is a good six months deep. 

I'm not ready to move out completely though. With another move ahead I'm already finding there are thoughts bubbling, about endings and beginnings, about the London in my bones and the Coventry I have grown to love, that have made me say quietly "That could be a blog post".

At the very least, I'd like to put my sermons somewhere once more, so here I am, opening the windows, dusting off the cobwebs and planning, if not to move back in, to at least visit more often. I'll put the coffee on....

3 comments:

SarahF said...

I look forward to it. We shall miss you in Coventry

Nik said...

Yay!!!!! So pleased, mate.
Just need to get my own blogging act together now.
It's a good discipline.
We could make t-shirts and form a web-ring... ;-)
Look forward to seeing where you take the blog.

Nik

Alastair said...

Congratulations on your new role, Kathryn, I only just found out about it! It's great, I love Southwark Cathedral and the environs, and you will doubtlessly be your usual superstar self!

and now I am feeling bad about neglecting new kid on the blog so very very badly!