Monday, July 02, 2007

Li Tim-Oi - another celebration

BBC Radio 4 has a sort of religious magazine programme, Sunday - which for some reason has acquired the right to name a new dahlia that has been developed...It is inviting our votes on names from a short-list of 10, which includes Florence Li Tim-Oi. In this her centenary year I think this would be a rather lovely tribute. If you agree, follow the link and click on the drop-down menu to vote for her. Those of us in Anglican ministry have good reason to celebrate her memory.
I just wish I liked dahlias!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

i don't like dahlias ...and having read the link am ashamed to say i had no idea who Flo Li Tim Oi was. oops. If i liked dahlias i'd think it was a lovely gesture, and if the photo is the actual dahlia the bright vibrant colours seem to be suitably celebratory...oh ok, consider it voted for ;P

Caroline said...

i've had my wrist slapped, K has quite rightly pointed out that she has previously done a long and reverently celbratory blog entry about Flo. WHICH I DID READ, i promise. but then there's reading and there's remembering...I'm competant at the former...

Kathryn said...

tell you what, sweetie...as a penance you can log on to the poll with another identity to swell the vote count.
No...of course I'm not advocating ballot rigging - just help to ensure the best woman wins! ;-)

RevDrKate said...

Just learned about Rev. Florence recently at Summer Sem (ah, the value of continuing ed). So she got my vote! And I have passed on the link to others. What's with the anti-dahlia bias among us, are they not God's flowers, too? :)