Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Quick update


Since you've all been so kind and concerned.
The GoodinParts household is fine...No flooding at the curatage at all (though our neighbours opposite had their second watery invasion in 3 weeks, poor loves) and as far as I can determine, none of our congregation have been hugely affected, though gardens have been under several feet of water. Mains water is likely to be off for at least a week, as the main pumping station that serves both Cheltenham and Gloucester is itself flooded, but electricity is back on in those places that had been without. There are various bowswers around the neighbourhood, and I'll get on the phone in a while to check that elderly congregation are OK for water, - having boys on holiday means I do have reliable water carriers to hand. In fact, as water is fine at the Clockmaker's workshop, 20 miles away, as a family we're only mildly inconvenienced, so I'm feeling rather guilty that we are so well off...
Friends in Gloucester and Tewkesbury have very different situations to cope with, - there is apparently foul water in Tewkesbury Abbey, and the whole town has been cut off for the past few days. My poor SiL and her family bought a mill house last summer...so you can imagine what they are dealing with. Please don't stop praying...the support is wonderful.
But for the moment, despite my guilt, there doesn't seem to be much I can practically do to help those harder hit. Getting in the way of the emergency services isn't really to be recommended, so, assuming the coaches are still running, I'm off to London with Hugger Steward later to-day for that Big Scary Talk thingy. If I'm not eaten alive, I'll tell you all about the Big City when I get home..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update, hope it all goes well today!

Linda said...

You all are in my prayers, Kathryn.

Jules said...

Oh. my.

Prayers

Anonymous said...

Kathryn, I'm adding my prayers to the mix. Please, please email me if you'd like to talk...I'd love to stay in touch.

jo(e) said...

Prayers from here too.

The photographs I've seen are so unbelievable ....

Sue said...

Prayers here too Kathryn.