Monday, March 14, 2005

And another good thing...

For some months, I've been trying to get hold of a copy of Mass Culture
Given the distinctly catholic ethos of this parish, it seemed only sensible, .but repeated forays onto Amazon and elsewhere suggested that I was unlikely to find a copy at a price I was willing to pay. It may be a great read, but over £60 for a paperback feels a little excessive.
So, imagine my joy when I spied one solitary copy sitting innocently amid the resources jonny had brought with him for the w'end...I fell upon it with cries of delight, and for a mere £5 it is mine. Mine, I tell you....My preciousssssss.
What's more, it seems to be a remarkably good investment, in terms of talking sense into my current context. One happy Kathryn heading upstairs to read now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Presumably at the Amazon price it has a cover inlaid with gold leaf and precious stones.....? Glad you had such a supererogatorily good weekend. I love that North Devon coast - several memorable weeks near there over the years.

Anonymous said...

There's an error on the site - my identical books bought for tutor purposes via Amazon cost £6.99 . Still a £5 is a bargain still

Tom Allen