Friday, December 07, 2007

Preparation preparation - an Advent Friday Five

Sally has had a difficult week, which has made her pause for thought in much the same way that my Indian experience last year made me stop and think before leaping headlong into the seasonal rush...
So her Friday Five is devoted to a topic I guess I barely understand - being prepared

1. You have a busy week, pushing out all time for preparing worship/ Sunday School lessons/ being ready for an important meeting ( or whatever equivalent your profession demands)- how do you cope?
If I don't have too much on, the chances are that I'll procrastinate until I'm under that sort of pressure anyway. Its fatal if I don't have too much on...This week, because most of the pressure is longer term, I feel that I've achieved basically nothing. Grrrr

2. You have unexpected visitors, and need to provide them with a meal- what do you do?
Seafood pasta. Frozen seafood. Jar of pasta sauce souped up with a glass of wine and a few tons of garlic. Creme fraiche if I've got any. Works every time, specially if we drink the rest of the bottle while the pasta cooks.
Send a child out to the late shop for salad, fruit and choccies...BINGO

Three discussion topics:

3. Thinking along the lines of this weeks advent theme; repentance is an important but often neglected aspect of advent preparations.....I'm mostly penitent that I've not even begun to engage with the themes...

4. Some of the best experiences in life occur when you simply go with the flow.....Absolutely. Couldn't agree more...In fact, I wasn't absolutely sure that there was any alternative direction.
Is there really??

5. Details are everything, attention to the small things enables a plan to roll forward smoothly...
You what?? Details? Are those the little bumpy things that roll around on the floor and sometimes trip me up...a bit like buttons but different? Hmnn....No. I don't do those.

Bonus if you dare- how well prepared are you for Christmas this year?
Christmas....being on what date exactly? Twenty fifth of what????
No.
That can't be right.
I'll just carry on like this and have it in March, OK?
I did, in all honesty, order a couple of presents last night...but that's more or less it. Cards for 150? Services for rather more? Not so's you notice.
You see, with 2 weeks to go there's not nearly enough pressure to get me really focussed.
Got to keep on blogging onwards...

1 comment:

Chelley said...

Yep, I'm just the same with the pressure needed to get things done! Though I'm the opposite with the details.
Hmmm, and another agreement with the preparations (or not) for Christmas!
We'll be fine ;) I'm sure