revealed as I read through my diaries, in the hope of finding inspiration for this week's sermon (thus far without success)
Where but in India
- could you see a camel being ridden the wrong way down the fast lane of a city flyover?
- do you regularly encounter free range cattle in a shopping mall, or holding their own in rush hour traffic?
- would a rat run over your foot while you queued to use an internet cafe (now you understand why blogging was a little erratic, I'm sure!) ?
- would a cement mixer be pulled along the main road by a bullock cart?
- would a 4 lane motorway suddenly peter (or is that petre?) out into a dirt- track, forcing you to lurch through potholes akin to the craters of the moon for a crazy 200 yards, till the metalled surface resumes as though nothing had happened?
- would a beggar, clad in pitiful rags, whip out a state of the art mobile to call a colleague as soon as she thinks you are out of sight?
It really is the most extraordinary country. I'm so glad I experienced it (though you'd probably gathered that already).