- On Saturday night, the London Underground let Hatti Gandhi down badly, so that a relatively short tube journey took well over an hour, with the result that she missed the last coach directly to Cheltenham and had to catch the Oxford Tube instead. It being a 40 mile walk from there to here, I drove to Oxford in time to collect her when she arrived at 1.30 a.m.
- We then returned home thankfully, with a nasty little voice in my head reminding me that I was "on" at 8.00 and could do with some sleep.
- Apparently at some point as we headed up the totally empty Woodstock Road, my speedometer inched over 30 mph...in point of fact, it reached 35.
- I know this because I have just opened a Fixed Penalty Notice....£60 and 3 points on my licence.
- This is my first driving offence in 28 years, - why did it have to happen just a week before Christmas?
Post Script: Reasons to love my WonderfulBishop include his reaction to the obligatory email I sent yesterday to inform him that one of his clergy was the wrong side of the law. His response began "You wicked woman!" and concluded with the instruction not to lose any sleep over this, as he certainly didn't intend to. Feel much better this morning :-)