Sunday, March 05, 2006

In which the curate goes out to play.

This weekend, One Pedestrian, Nearly Time and Reach Out descended upon Gloucestershire, and invited me to come and play….Predictably, Sunday looked pretty hectic, but I was determined to carve out some time on Saturday, and I’m so happy that I did.
It was wonderful to be together, with no hidden complications or other demands on our time…We talked and talked, we ate, we talked, we ate some more….but most of all we laughed.
I don’t know when I was last so hysterical for such a long period. I suspect that the worthies of Painswick and Edge may have been seriously alarmed but we were too far gone to care.
You could blame the space dust. Or the scenery (I was shocked that I take it so much for granted…and glad to experience it afresh through their eyes) Or the mad March days. But on the whole I think I’ll just put it down to the sheer pleasure of being friends together.
Thank you all three. When can we do it again?

2 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

Sounds wonderful - pleased you all had a good time :-)

sally said...

I slept well. I feel better today than I have for a long time. Thank God for caring, kind, mad, non-judgmental friends. Glad you enjoyed it too!!!!!!