Monday, March 13, 2006

Utter disaster!

I've just opened my psion to see what I'm supposed to be doing today...and it's blank! So is tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday.....every single diary entry has been expunged from the face of the earth.
People have muttered darkly about what would happen if I allowed the batteries to run down, but it's not that, as word files and databases survive intact...Somehow, inexplicably, all the diary entries have been deleted.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE if you are expecting me to meet you, phone you or do anything at all with you in the days and weeks ahead....email me (myname at t*i*s*c*a*l*i*.c*o*.u*k) Or I won't be there.
Need to go and say Morning Prayer now (thank God some things are constants...)but after that will be reading the small print in the manual as never before. Are there any psion users out there who've had this experience and triumphed? I need help. Fast!

11 comments:

Caroline said...

no problem.
today you're booked on a limo drive to bristol airport where you are meeting me liz and sally at 12.15 for a flight to the Caribbean. the next date in your diary is at least 3 weeks away.

:)

Anonymous said...

Can't help - I'm still using paper, which I regularly lose - but will pray!

Anonymous said...

After three failures of different brands including a whole year on a Psion I have reverted to an A5 Filofax and would never ever go back to electronic.

Rainbow dreams said...

I like Carolines answer for you Kathryn :-)

Can't help on a practical level but hope something clicks into place x Katie

Anonymous said...

I'm irrevocably wedded to the electronic organizer (Palm in my case) - but I always make sure that it's synchronized to my PC! That gives the necessary backup in case of the worrisome crash, blank or loss of the Palm. [Of course, this gives the one greatest advantage of the electronic over the paper form - backups are easy and quick to make. Try photocopying your filofax every day... :-) ]

Here's hoping you do find the missing data somewhere.

pax et bonum

Dayzeee said...

I have everything in my electronic organiser, but keep a paper copy of my diary, too. Might be an idea for you to have both?

sally said...

You were asking God to help you as you had too much to do..is he trying to tell you something??? At least my old fashioned diary wot I write in doesn;t do that to me..unless I lose it of course......

1 i z said...

Damn! Did I miss the flight?

Tony said...

Hearty commiserations. Unfortunately I don't feature in your appointments (keep meaning to do something about that). I used to have an electronic diary, but have reverted to paper. Much more reliable - but also quite capable of simply getting lost.

see-through faith said...

what Caroline wrote :) but I'm miffed I wasn't invited too !!!

Theresa Coleman said...

Dear Kathryn,
I went to the airport, but you weren't there!
You didn't forget, did you??

=o)