So here I am, procrastinating again.Dr moose, bless him, has tagged me for the Weird Things meme whose rules run thus:
Once you are tagged you MUST write a blog entry about your 6 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next six people to be tagged and list their names.
Of course, weirdness is in the eye of the beholder. As far as I’m concerned, I’m never anything but entirely, even boringly, normal and predictable.
You think otherwise?
Well, in the maddening response of the playground “It takes one to know one”!
However, anxious not to let down a blog friend, I’ve racked my brains to come up with aspects of me that some might regard as not entirely mainstream
1. I sang before I talked ….apparently the theme from the last movt of Beethoven’s Pastoral Symphony (to which my father had fitted some lullaby words for me) was recognisable when my godfather visited the family around my first Christmas. My birthday is in June…
2. When entering the number on the keypad for a burglar alarm, I always use a particular rhythm, which involves allowing the alarm to bleep a certain number of times before I join in.
3. I sometimes know who will be on the phone before I answer it, even if I’m in no way expecting to hear from them.
4. Though I’m a definite Myers Briggs “E” I’m really terrified of parties and have to fight the urge to join the washers up at church events (about the only time that washing up is high on my list of priorities).
5. I talk about what I’m doing to any dogs or cats available…failing that I’ll talk to the kettle or whatever household object I might be interacting with (though having seen other responses that mention this, it might well no longer count as weird at all).
6. Though my brain tells me that an awful lot of rules and regulations are entirely pointless and pathetic, I’m a congenital keeper off the grass…The only reason I’m doing this meme (I believe I’ve been subjected to it before) is because of the word “MUST” in the instructions.
7 (more paradox than weirdness -) BUT I’m going to rebel. Not only by including the number 7 but because I refuse to tag anyone! If you want to play, let me know in the comments and we can compare our eccentricities ;-)