so here we go
- I once circumnavigated the roof of Durham Castle wearing evening dress
- I met Longsuffering Clockmaker on the pavement outside the Albert Hall, while queuing for the Last Night of the Proms
- I once organised a national conference in London on Miscarriage and Neo-natal death at which all the keynote speakers wore snowboots (it was February 1991,- the same winter in which we were snowed out of our house).
- While I at Trinity I had special leave from the college council to keep my hamster (Antigone) in college,- the first undergraduate to have such permission since Byron kept a bear.
- I was the first ever girl to be Head Chorister at my school.