Friday, December 19, 2008

What a to do...

From the Revgals, today, a Friday Five about the last five days before Christmas!

There are only five full days before Christmas Day, and whether you use them for shopping, wrapping, preaching, worshiping, singing or traveling or even wishing the whole darn thing were over last Tuesday, there's a good chance they will be busy ones.

So let's make this easy, if we can: tell us five things you need to accomplish before Christmas Eve.

FIVE???? JUST FIVE....Well, if you insist

1) I still need to sort out the orders of service for Midnight Mass (the biggie), Crib Service and Christmas morning...All of these will be heavily based on things I used at St M's, but will still need a bit of tweaking, hymns added for Midnight Mass etc etc...
which means
2) deciding my definitive Midnight list, as there is some pressure to include everything in an "once and for all" booklet, to do away with the need for carol sheets at this busiest and most intense of services

3)wrapping every single one of the numerous presents that now sit in a huge box in one corner of the study...well, maybe not the dogs' presents (but maybe even those...Libby would have SUCH fun unwrapping something she was actually allowed to apparently destroy)

4)funeral address for Tuesday

5)sorting out "Given in memory" cards for the assorted Christmas candles at Church in the valley

On the plus side, I seem to have my sermons more or less sorted...but I don't even HAVE a tree yet, still less a decorated version...and the chances of actually making so much as a single mince pie of my very own seem remote...And I suspect that I might be spending more time with the photocopier than with anyone else in my life in the next few days. Perhaps we'll make it to first-name terms...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have help with that booklet? I'm worrying about you now!

Anonymous said...

that's quite a list, and i'm guessing the truth is, it's longer than the 5???