Saturday, April 22, 2006

One of those days

when I know without any question that this is the most wonderful calling in the entire world, and I wouldn't swap it for anything!

I've just had the huge privilege of marrying Andy and Jo and the whole thing was just wonderful...This is my 4th wedding, and this time I've been able to see things right through from first contact to The Day. Andy and Jo have been a delight to get to know over the past few months and to be involved in this celebration of their love and committment was pure joy. When we rehearsed on Thursday, a huge battery of their friends and family came along to support them, - and there were absolutely no passengers in the church this afternoon. I've never heard the congregational responses spoken with such conviction, and as for the singing - Welsh blood on Jo's side and alot of rugby players about the place, so I suppose we couldn't go wrong with Blaenwern and Cym Rhonnda,- but it was a glorious noise. And at the end, as they went out into this glorious spring sunshine, to the sound of bells and Widor, it was all rather overwhelming, really! I didn't disgrace myself and cry, but I certainly couldn't stop smiling as I cycled home. Poor WonderfulVicar...he's still in Spain and missed it all.
Andy and Jo, God's richest blessings on you today and always, - and thank you for welcoming me so wholeheartedly into your lives!

7 comments:

jo(e) said...

What a wonderful and uplifting post.

Anonymous said...

wonderful -- but you know, crying ain't wrong sis :)

Unknown said...

It all sounds gorgeous!

Stuart said...

Glad it all went so well. I woudn't worry too much about the vicar however, i'm sure he is not that heartbroken about being in Spain still!!

Sue said...

how lovely!!

Revem said...

Weddings are my favoutite part!! But they don't teach you how to dress as a female so you don't clash, outshine, wear exactly same colour as bridesmaids, underdress etc in theo college. I guess being men they don't feel the need as all they have to do is put on a dark suit, white shirt and bland tie.

These are questions which all need answering.

PS you asked aboutTravelers Together
the bible in 90 days thing. Click on the link and it will take you to the blog. It would be great for you to join us I am already late and catching up.

Jules said...

Lovely.

Cym Rhonnda gets airtime very frequently at St. Stoic. In fact, we are singing it tomorrow at the Service of Witness to the Resurrection for a wonderful old Welsh saint. It is one of my very favorites.

I did my first wedding this month, and I have three more this spring/fall, so I'll catch up with you quick!