Tuesday, April 11, 2006

S.O.S. Exultet needed!

I know it's the Tuesday of Holy Week, - and that most clergy knowing they would be singing the Exultet for the first time ever on Holy Saturday would have checked that there was a copy around the place long since...but I'm me, OK, and I just haven't. And now it appears that the only copy we have anywhere is extensively scribbled over (not a huge problem) and also in Gregorian notation (rather more of an issue). Yes, I can manage to read it if I really have to, but I kind of feel that I may possibly be having enough fun dealing with the reality of presiding at the Holy Saturday celebrations, and I just don't want to be worrying all night that I'm going to get the chant wrong. Does anyone out there have a copy in modern notation that they could bear to scan and send to me?
Otherwise, I guess I'll have to listen to the mp3 files I've found morning noon and night till I simply don't need to look any more....but it will feel very odd ancticipating all that Easter joy before we've even made it to the cross.

6 comments:

Dr Moose said...

exy-whatsit?

Sorry, my fundamentalist roots are showing again. (Must look for hair-colouring!)

Sorry, can't help there.

Jane Ellen+ said...

I would be happy to scan our copy at church today and send it to you this evening (which would be in about 11 hours, as it's 10:00 AM here), if you will email me at jane(at)schmoetzer(dot)com, and let me know your address.

Anonymous said...

Do you have Sibelius? If so, I can post you a Common Worship version that will even play the right notes on your lap top for you! If not, I'll just email a pdf version. Which would you prefer?

Sophia said...

Sounds like Jane Ellen can get it to you. If there is an email disaster or something let me know. My husband is chanting it for our home congregation and we have a copy at home we could scan or fax.

email sophiasings a t hotmail d o t com

Kathryn said...

And my husband wonders why I place such store on my on-line friends!!!
Thank you all so much (even dr moose made me giggle!)...if I'm not note perfect on Saturday, it will certainly not be your faults. Big and appreciative hugs all round xxx

sally said...

I'm a baptist..a bit wet..I know nothing..sorry....