Thursday, May 25, 2006

Since I'm feeling non creative at the moment

here's a rather lovely thing that arrived in the most recent mailing from WATCH. It's the WATCH dream for the Church, as articulated by Simon Bailey

I'm dreaming
about a church of sensitivity and openness,
a church of healing and welcome.

I'm dreaming
about a community of friends
that celebrates differences
and diversity and variety,
a community that is forgiving, cherishing, wide open.

I dream
of women and men who minister
life and laughter and love;
of men and women who minister
healing and harmony and hope;
of women and men who minister to each other
and minister to the crying needs of a world that hurts.

I dream
against the rough climb still to come,
against expectation, against pessimism and despair;

I dream, I dream
of the clear panorama
of the vision of light right at the top of the mountain.

1 comment:

LutheranChik said...

This is wonderful. I may have to borrow it.;-)