Friday, May 26, 2006

This I believe...

This week's Friday Five could actually keep me going for weeks, I think. To distill so much into 5 points is horribly reminiscent of one of the "personal inventory" questions beloved of Bishops' Selectors...
Now, as then, I've far more that I'd want to say,- images, words, music that could say things better. But for today this is my semi-serious attempt at 5 essentials of belief

  • That God’s love is utterly inexhaustible, unconquerable and unconditional

  • That the best is yet to be

  • That nothing is beyond transformation ,- all in the end is harvest

  • That everyone has a story that’s worth hearing, and deserves to be heard

  • That life is for love and time only that we may find God (thank you Augustine)
I have one additional belief, a notable example of the triumph of hope over experience, that one day I shall finish something ahead of deadline. See belief no 3!

Belated edit
NB VERY IMPORTANT POSTSCRIPT. How could I have forgotten? Many of my friends will already be aware that I do, of course, believe in repetition...
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then all I can say is that GB04 was really rather wonderful...but that's no surprise either.

7 comments:

Darius said...

"That nothing is beyond transformation ,- all in the end is harvest."

That would be my sense of things too. This supports my view that if Christians are judged, it may be by how we choose our verses.

There's plenty of passages in the New Testament portraying Jesus as consigning people to hell. I don't buy it.

I also don't believe in Og. I'm drawing a God/Og distinction on my - blog. Which I guess is oddly appropriate...

Anonymous said...

loved the extra I believe.

grin

be blessed

Sally said...

Is ahead of deadline possible?...is it right?

St. Casserole said...

great list.
did I ever know that Augustine quote? I like it very much.
Thanks!

Caroline said...

'tis neither right nor proper sally, and it is certainly not our solemn duty.

unlike eating chocolate.

Unknown said...

I like it, too. And I just love the way you write!

Caroline said...

keep beleiving my love - today especially. love and hugs