Friday, March 09, 2007

It's a well-known phenomenon

but nonetheless baffling, that you can live close to somewhere that people flock to see, and never explore it properly yourself. We've been living within 40 miles of Oxford for 16+ years now, but I've barely skimmed the surface of its historic delights.
It took a visitor from much further afield to persuade me to engage even briefly, but today jo(e) and her husband were in town and we had so much fun together.

I'm always anxious that blog friendships may not survive the harsh light of dawn - but tonight I'm just a bit grumpy at the inconsiderate expanse of ocean that divides us from the USA. Many months ago jo(e) and I had decided we were probably sisters separated at birth: this afternoon, even her husband suggested that we might possibly be right
Thank you so much for visiting, my friends. Please come again soon!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's safe to say the bloggers who meet you, love you!

Anonymous said...

what songbird said :) (it applies to those who still have to meet you too!)

Cal said...

Wot they both sed!!

But a travesty that you haven't spent more time in Oxford - I know you're a Cambridge gal but even so.....

Though when I do go back it always feels a bit weird to see strangers in my college.

Kathryn said...

Well, Cal - clearly the reason is that I need someone who really knows what I ought to be exploring to show me the hidden treasures...
But I ABSOLUTELY know what you mean re the "wrong" people in college...and I find it extraordinarily difficult to believe I'm not 20 or thereabouts when in Cambridge. (I sense that this trait must be curbed or poor HS will be even more embarassed by his mother in the years ahead ;-))

jo(e) said...

I so enjoyed meeting you! How funny that our blog posts ended up quite similar! Now you really must come visit us in the States ....