Sunday, March 04, 2007

It would have raised a laugh

in another church...
WonderfulVicar, giving out notices
And I must remind you of an important event in the life of our church, the annual parochial church meeting on Thursday"
Curate, announcing hymn, “So we stand to sing "Take up thy cross” "

Well, it made me smile anyway - but then, this evening's psalm included references to the behaviour of "naughty men" - so there were quite a few subversive smiles exchanged between clergy and choristers. I am so fond of those kids...

1 comment:

Fiona Marcella said...

I regret to say that I was so tired and on automatic pilot that I missed both of those.

We did have great fun when I was the same age as the kids, processing round after the choir master had resigned in great style, to the strains of "by schisms rent asunder, by heresies distressed" but yesterday my only reaction was to have to bite my toungue to avoid shouting to wonderful vicar that the most important event in the life of this part of his church next Thursday is a certain someone's 18th birthday so any talk of meetings would go straight over my head even if I wasn't half asleep.